Wednesday, May 15, 2013

friends

Yesterday I had a realization that I'm going to share with you guys. Friends, everyone has them and they are great. But my realization is that even if you have a bad or ehh day it can't be THAT bad because you have amazing great friends that love you. so Cheer up buttercup. Your friends are kick ass, so you are too. 

I think as you grow up the type of friends you want to have a be around changes. It is crazy to think about how much I have changed and how much my friend group has changed in the past two years. You start realizing you want people who build you up, make you laugh, and can have conversations with and you stop caring about what the negative friends thinks. You realize or I did that you would rather have a few GREAT friends then a lot of ehhh friends. Since college I stopped caring so much about what people thought of me and I have became friends with so many more great people since I let that go. 

I can honestly say that God has granted me with the best friend group a girl could ask for.We build each other up, give each other Happy's, and are always there for each other. Even in the middle of the day when you are having a panic attack and they stop everything they are doing to come home and watch veronica mars with you and let you drink a bottle of wine with NO JUDGEMENT! and ones that call me on my crap and tell me when I am being a complete NUT! haha if that doesn't say best friends I don't know what does. 

All of my friends are so very different but they are all amazing people in their own way. and I am so proud of all the accomplishments they have made. We all want the best for each other and we push each other to get that. I think that's one of my favorite things about my friends. They all make me a better person and God put them in my life for different reasons. which I'm so very thankful for. I love that I am still best friends with my friends from High school and college but I also LOVE all the new people God has randomly put in my life. It is crazy that people I have known for less than a year or were just kind of friends with in high school and college have became some of my best friends!! and now I couldn't   imagine my life without them.

I have loved growing up and learning from experiences and getting advice from people and doing the crazy thing and actually listening to it. and my favorite piece of advice about friendship came from my mom. She said "Casey you don't have to talk to your best friend everyday or every week, when people start growing up they get busy and life happens but the important thing is when you do talk to them NOTHING changes. You pick right up where you left off." I have tried my hardest to live by that with all of my friends. Some it's easy to talk to see every few days because they live here but others its harder because they live 2 hrs, 4 hrs, or half way across the U.S. But I can happily say that I am just as good or even better friends with them then when we all lived in the same place. YES, I HATE that they don't all live in Tuscaloosa with me ( that sure would be ideal.) but it just means I get to travel to see them! 

I don't know where I would be right now if I didn't have my friends. They helped me get through the randomness mess of a year I've had and I am so grateful for everyone of them! I love them all and wouldn't trade any of them for anything!! soooo a big thanks to all my friends ( you know who you are because I like to let people know when they finally made it to best friend status) for being AWESOME!!!

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment