Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What's for dinner?

Last night I cooked dinner for my parents! I cooked Cheesy Stuffed Spinach Chicken. It was delicious! And if you don't like spinach it's okay because you can't even taste it. I love to cook. I kind of made up this recipe as I went but it turned out wonderful and I will be cooking it again.

Ingredients
Chicken breasts
Cream cheese
Cheese
Fresh spinach
Panko or bread crumbs
Ranch seasoning- if you use panko
butter
2 eggs

Directions:
1. Soften the cream cheese ( it's easier to mix)
2. Butterfly the Chicken breasts. Don't cut all the way through just enough so you can stuff them.
3. Cut up the Spinach. It can be as much as you would like. The most the better for us.
4. Mix the Cream Cheese, Spinach, and cheese. Again it can be as much as you want. 
5. Spoon the mixture into the chicken. You can put as much as you want. 
6. I used toothpicks to stick in them to make sure they stayed.
7. Dip the chicken into eggs. or pour whatever is easier
8. Cover the chicken with the bread crumbs or panko.
side note- I wanted to use panko but didn't have enough. So for the panko I would cook it on the skillet until it turned a light brown and add the ranch seasoning mix. 
9. Once the chicken is covered to your liking you can put them in a baking dish.
10. Pour the butter on top of the chicken and pour the rest of the break crumbs or panko on top of it. 
11. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked on 350 degrees.



Everyone loved this!! I know it seems like a lot of steps but it wasn't hard at all. It took about 15 minutes to get it in the oven.  and again it was soo good!!

Happy Wednesday! It's half way to Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment