Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Foodie

I'm going to start trying to do recipe Wednesday. I've cooked two things recently so I thought I would do two recipes.
Last night I went to my mom's house and we grilled out. My mom makes the best chicken. I love it and I have learned to make them. It's not hard at all, it actually only takes about 10 min prep time and depending on where you cook the chicken and potatoes about 20 minutes cook time.
You can cook the chicken on the Grill or on the stove.

Grilled Chicken

Need:

 parsley flakes
onion flakes
garlic powder
salt and pepper
and olive oil. 

Instructions
  • You really can't go wrong marinating this.
  • You can put as much or as little of these items on the chicken. 
  • first cover with the olive oil
  • then pour as much or as little of the seasonings as you would like. 
  • I cover the whole chicken with the parsley flakes and garlic powder. 
  • I use a little less onion flakes and salt and pepper. 
  • You can marinate this 10 minutes before you are ready to start cooking or the night before. They are good both ways. 
  • When I cook them on the stove I cut the chicken up into small pieces and put some more olive oil in the pan. But when cooked on the grill I just lay them on there.
  • Cook until the middle isn't pink anymore.



Me and Jami have a speciality that we cook everyone! Baked Spaghetti. It is delicious if I say so my self! So Friday we had some friends over and cooked this for them.

Baked Spaghetti.

Need:
noodles
spaghetti sauce
Italian seasoning
meat
garlic powder
cream cheese
cheese

Instructions:
  • Boil water and Cook noodles like box says
  • Cook meat on skillet. I use a big one so I can just add the sauce to it.
  • once meat is cooked at spaghetti sauce to it.
  • Add as much garlic powder and Italian Seasoning as you would like.
  • Keep stirring sauce to make sure it doesn't over cook.
  • Once noodles are cooked mix in the cream cheese. It works better if it is a little soft.
  • Get a casserole dish and pour a thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom.
  • Spread out the noodles over meat sauce.
  • Then pour the rest of the meat sauce on top. 
  • Cook for 15 minutes on 350
  • Take out and add cheese on top and cook until cheese is melted.


Side Notes: You can add as much cheese as you want. Sometimes we add cheese to the sauce while it is cooking so make it cheesier. Also Sometimes we have to add extra sauce to the top of it. You want the noodles completely covered.


I love cooking both of these meals!! I hope you enjoy!!

Side note I AM GOING TO SEE JOHN MAYER TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment